Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bird's the Word

So this whole thing with me liking birds sort of began as a joke between my sister and me. I did a painting of an abstract bird and well she named it "failed bird." I won't even approach the question of whether or not her choice of name reflects my painting abilities. Anyway, this painting in a sense spurred my newfound (dare i say) obsession with birds, bird objects, etc..I feel like people (Rachel, Sarah) think I pretend to like birds, but I reallllly like birds, especially vintage ones (i'll explain later). So my mission (or one of my missions as I have hundreds) is to dig deep and discover what it was that initially made me take a liking to birds and bird items. It's actually the bird items of which I'm particularly fond. I mean actual living birds are cool too, but I don't see one fly by and get a tingly feeling or even any sensation that remotely resembles a tingle. But who knows my interest in birds could possibly escalade to that level. Let's hope not as I'm not quite sure how healthy of a thing that would be. Recently i've been googling phrases such as 'vintage bird' just to see what images the search engine will return. It took some sifting through of the results, but nevertheless I found some that truly illustrate the type of 'bird things' of which I am fond. Here ya go............

We begin with 'mapbird.' I admit I was slighly hesitant to include 'mapbird.' He/she doesn't exactly fit the mold, but as you can see he/she made the cut(no pun intended). After a second glance, I realized that only one of the four featured birds is an actual 'mapbird.

'

Next we have a gorgeous necklace from JeweledElegance. Check it out!


A nice cream and green pillow from...i'm not sure where this is from


Love these pillows from AlanaHennessy



This is all for now, but do not fret for there there are more birds to come!

0 comments: