Friday, May 15, 2009

Just a Glimpse




I like to think. I think a lot. I'd say that typically the process is a beneficial one, but there have been instances that indicate otherwise. Anyhow, I'm only going to address the beneficial facets of my thinking today.

It's always inspiring to discover a new perspective on life. Granted I know that I'm without a doubt not the first person to ever think about life from a particular perspective. Maybe one day I'll actually discover one that has never before been manifested to another soul, but until that glorious day I will remain a life perspective thief.

So, life is not as it was intended to be. And i have a sneaking suspicion that this is a sentiment shared by many. This is also an unfortunate truth of which I've been aware for a significant amount of time. However, until recently I don't think I've fully grasped it. There have been painful experiences in my life (don't worry I'm not going to make the mood too somber) and within in the past year I've realized that what these experiences have taught me is irreplaceable. They've given me a greater appreciation for the gifts that God has given me. And what's so incredible is that he gives everyone different gifts in varying forms. It's like he knows each one of us personally and chooses what gifts suit each one of us best. And guess what, he does know us personally! Lately I've just had such a grateful heart that through these gifts from him I'm able to see a glimpse of life as it was meant to be. In this life, the pain and heartache will not cease, but due to God's unending grace life is actually SOMETIMES as it was meant to be. It's done. It's finished. The price has been paid. I think I'm finally understanding why we are supposed to praise him even in our darkest moments. I'm not in my darkest moment right now, but I'm undoubtedly praising him right now for my darkest moment. I am no longer anticipating the day that everything in life falls in place because it already is in place. It might not be in the place that I want it to be, but it's in the place that God intends for it to be. When I allow this truth to freely flow through me, I have such a peace about life that I actually feel that my life is where I want it to be.

If you can't tell, lately I've received more than one glimpse of life as it was meant to be. Funny thing is it's not one particular event or person through which I've seen this. And that's perfectly fine with me :)

All of these photos are by Alicia Bock. I am in love with her work.

0 comments: