Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh to be a cat


Lately I've become such the explorer. And truthfully the blogging world has been a catalyst in my newfound curiosity. When I started this blog, I questioned how often I would actually post. Since I was probably 8 years old, I've had a journal, but I've never consistently written in one. Come to find out, blogging is quite different than journaling. It's interactive! And for once I'm actually somewhat thankful that my job leaves me starving for substance, creativity, and inspiration. Although as I'm typing I should probably be directing my energy toward something finance related, I'm veritably sifting through sites such as ETSY and DailyOM to name a few. Anyway, I will cease my rambling concerning the blogging world and provide an example of one creative individual I've encountered. Meet Keri Smith. According to her Bio on her website (to which I will soon provide a link) she is an illustrator/author turned guerilla artist. She has several published works, one of which I ordered two copies (one for my sister for her 18th birthday). I'm sure I'm more excited about giving it to her than she will be about receiving it, but I've already accepted that fact. I will not reveal the name of it as I don't want Rachel to know what her gift is (does she even read this?). Keri's website is http://www.kerismith.com/. Her "100 ideas" is brilliant. I did number 3 yesterday. You try one. On that note, I'm going to depart.

0 comments: